Skip to main content

What You Know About Technology And What You Don't Know About Technology.



Technology is the hot topic, everyone talk about technology. Each day, when I browse though my Facebook, I saw my friend is joining some sort of investment program and writing post about today is the era of internet and E-commerce, who make usefullness of the platform such as Alibaba gaining to listed company today. They emphasize how technology is changing the business world today and why you should join them in order to make more money.

Mark Zuckerberg didn't tend to be No.1 in social media, and of course he didn't tend to be the fifth richest person in the world. Today, Mark Zuckerberg net worth is estimated to be US$58.6 million. Facebook changed everyone life, it changed how we connected.

Before Facebook, I tend to have a lot of topic with my old friend, who didn't meet each other for quite some time, we got a lot of question to each other. With Facebook today, our live are become more transparency to each other, your friend will know where is your last vacation location and what you did on last weekend.

Technology is changing people life



I believe you won't feel strange for this picture. I  don't know how many of you experience this. Personally, I seen this a lot during my lunch, they are all busy to put their food into their mouth and their eye are concentrate on the smartphone screen. They merely have conversation with each other, if they are talk to each other, it something regard to their smartphone screen, the online game that they are playing together. This is so sad to me, they are so close, but so far.  Their mind are concentrate on the scene, with looking at the content that connected to a server far far away from them.

Technology is bring people together

Not all the story is same as above, separate apart people. Me and my family are being connected with technology, we can talk to each other with various way, WeChat, Facebook, Messenger, FaceTime and so much more. 

Multination company no longer required having meeting at the same location. They can now can joining the meeting right at their workplace. 

Conclusion 

Knife is created since ancient, a knife can help us for cutting our food or even killing someone.

I wish all of you can temporary put down your smartphone during your lunch, dinner with your friend and family. Treasure the time that you're sharing with your friend and family, understanding and building up relationship with them though conversation instead of giving like in social media. 

Comments

  1. I find it so sad on the train to work that everyone is face down on their phones. I personally read my book but find it odd people staring at a screen all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think technology should be an enabler not a driver. I do feel sad sometime to see how many kids grow up only looking at tab as a baby sitter and not communicating with their parent instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, most people don't have the base courtesy of putting their smartphone away when they talk to you. I know a lot of people who, as soon as we sit down for a drink, take out their phones on the table. Me, I keep it muted in my pocket, because I want to focus my full attention to the people with me there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technology is very useful as you give an example with the knife, so now the question is how would you like to use the technology. I do feel sad how kids now as they grow up they are only focused on tabs and phones they do not communicating and play as we did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have shared some important truth Leong. Technology is a powerful tool indeed and it has changed our lives and the world in many ways. It can be useful as well as harmful to our relationships. I think it's important that we learn how to make technology useful to us instead of letting it control us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Shocking Facts About Technology

Technology is moving at rapid pace and all of us can't get rid of it, we are all living with technology. Computer used to be a huge component that not possible to carry around, and the exist of laptop make computer portable, with smartphone, the computer is just right in your pocket and you can access to tons of information just right at your fingertip. Here are the 5 shocking facts about technology. 1. Steve Job didn't let his children have iPad Despite Steve Job spending his life to build Apple product, writing in the   New York Times   in 2014, Nick Bilton saying Steve Job was a low-tech parent, when come to the question about his children  liked the new iPad, Job replied: "They haven't used it. We limit how much technology our kids use at." Properly Job is worry what I mention in my previous blog post  What you know about technology and what you don't .  2.  Your phone is dirtier than a public toilet  handle How many of you do washing

My Path to Leadership 1

Since I started my career, as a AV technician back in 8 years ago, my superior already share with me that the most challenging that he is facing is manage people. My superior was knowledgable, skilful, and confidently. As a head of engineering team, his job is to supervise and to ensure that we'll deliver the project by deadline. He share me a lot of his story about how he manage to finish up a tough project by his alone, in comparison, we are far away from his ability. So he did try his best to educate us on the system knowledge and he is the only one who willing to share the knowledge with me at that time, I feel much appreciated for his effort till today. Despite he trying his best, but my peer was dislike him, it could be his authentic unfiltered word do make my peer felt been insulted. From him, I learned that it's not an easy task to manage someone or to lead someone, despite I'm aware of this, I never take leadership as serious before until my staff was leave me